- Improved error message for execute app.
- Improved Dispatcher
- Stopped merging of identical tasks from different nodes. We decided that this auto-merging caused more confusion than it was worth, and it may actually have prevented useful executable graphs which would have been intentionally running identical tasks at different points in the graph.
- Added cycle detection.
- Avoided unnecessary rebuilds of MenuBar menus. This can improve performance for slow-to-build custom menus.
- Added font file browser to the Text node.
- Improved NodeGraph plug tooltips - they now contain the plug description.
- Plugs may now be promoted to Box level via the right click plug menu in the NodeGraph.
- Fixed search box in file open dialogues.
- Improved dialogues for picking scene paths
- Opened in tree mode rather than list mode
- Removed unnecessary columns
- Added filtering to display only cameras where appropriate
- Added right click menu for quickly adding attributes from the currently selected object.
- Added shading mode menu. This allows the default shading to be overridden with another shader. Currently configured menu entries allow visualisation of shader assignments and visibility for RenderMan, Arnold and Appleseed (#1037).
- Improved error handling.
- Improved shader display in attributes section. The node colour of the assigned shader is used as the background colour.
- Improved performance (#1050).
- Node UIs
- Added tool menu to NodeEditor
- Added support for metadata-driven activators.
- Added support for metadata-driven section summaries.
- Added support for metadata-driven custom widgets.
- Fixed crash when deleting a running InteractiveRender.
- Fixed coordinate system update problem.
- Fixed bug preventing filter plugs from being promoted to Boxes.
- Improved set computation
- Separated the computation of sets from the computation of globals. This should prevent delays caused when calculating large unneeded sets along with the globals.
- Made sets compute individually on demand. This should reduce the overhead of large unneeded sets.
- Added “sets” plug to source nodes, to allow set membership to be defined at creation time.
- Optimised SetFilter hashing.
- Prevented wildcards from being used in the Set node (#1307).
- Made Parameters node compatible with subclasses of Light/Camera/ExternalProcedural, such as those used internally at IE.
- Shader node now adds “gaffer:nodeColor” entry into the blind data for the shader in the scene - this allows UI components to display the colour as appropriate.
- Added AttributeVisualiser node. This applies an OpenGL shader to visualise the values of attributes and shader assignments.
- Fixed typo in AppleseedOptions plug names.
- Improved doxyen documentation configuration.
- Documented all GafferScene nodes.
- Documented all GafferOSL nodes.
- Documented all GafferRenderMan nodes.
- Documented all GafferArnold nodes.
- Added support for Arnold “desc” metadata items.
- Refactored Node UI to provide all features via the PlugLayout and
- Added support for a “fixedLineHeight” metadata entry in MultiLineStringPlugValueWidget.
- Added support for “layout:section” metadata - this allows the layout to be split into sections, and will provide the basis for replacing the Sectioned* widgets, adding support for sections in the UIEditor, and replacing the section management code in the StandardNodeUI.
- Added support for Metadata activators - these allow the editability of a plug to be driven by the values of other plugs.
- Added support for section summaries driven by Metadata.
- Deprecated SectionedCompoundDataPlugValueWidget.
- Deprecated SectionedCompoundPlugValueWidget.
- Improved layoutOrder() API. It now returns the ordered plugs for a specific parent, rather than accepting a possibly unrelated list of plugs.
- Added support for arbitrary custom widgets to be inserted into layouts.
- Reimplemented StandardNodeUI using PlugLayout.
- Fixed ExecutableNode::requirements() binding.
- Added support for fixing the height (measured in number of lines) of the MultiLineTextWidget.
- Fixed support for functools.partial( classMethod ) commands in Menus.
- ScenePath : added setScene()/getScene() accessors.
- Added SceneFilterPathFilter class. This tongue twister uses any of the GafferScene::Filter nodes to implement a Gaffer::PathFilter to filter the children of a GafferScene::ScenePath.
- Added ScenePath::createStandardFilter() method.
- Fixed crash when a Path is deleted before its PathFilter.
- Added PathChooserDialogue.pathChooserWidget() method.
- Added ScenePathPlugValueWidget.
- Gave precedence to exact plug matches over wildcard matches in Metadata queries.
- Added addition controls over Context substitution methods.
- Improved StringPlug with additional control over substitutions.
- Improved PlugType to support box and bool plugs.
- Added ValuePlugSerialiser::repr() method. This is intended to allow
derived class bindings to base their own
repr()implementation on the ValuePlug one.
- Made TypedObjectPlug compatible with instantiation for new types outside of Gaffer. This is achieved by moving the implementation into a .inl file which may be included as necessary. Added TypedObjectPlugClass to simplify binding such instantiations.
- Implemented PathMatcherData::hash().
- Added GafferScene::PathMatcherDataPlug.
- Reimplemented SceneNode sets API.
- Added GafferUI.LazyMethod for deferring widget method calls until visible/idle.
- Reimplemented as a standalone class
is no longer instantiated (binary incompatibility).
- Must now include “Gaffer/StringPlug.h” rather than “Gaffer/TypedPlug.h” (source incompatibility).
- Removed BoxParameterHandler and CompoundNumericParameterHandler. Their functionality is now covered by TypedParameterHandler.
- Reimplemented sets API.
- Removed SceneReader “sets” plug.
- Fixed typo in AppleseedOptions plug names.
- Changed layoutOrder() signature.
- Removed DisplayMode enum.
- Removed displayMode constructor argument.
- Removed _header() method.
- Removed _tabbedContainer() method.
- Updated default dependency versions
- OIIO 1.5.13
- OSL 1.6.3dev
- LLVM 3.4
- Alembic 1.5.8
- Cortex 9.0.0-b6
- Added bundled Appleseed renderer