- Fixed potential startup error in gui viewer.py configuration file.
- Added background execution mode to the LocalDispatcher.
- Added a gnomon to the 3d viewer (#41).
- Improved SceneInspector
- Implemented error tolerant loading for file menu operations. Errors are reported via a dialogue, and will no longer prevent loading of a script (#746).
- Fixed ScriptEditor to execute code in the right context. Prior to this, any queries performed in the script editor were always evaluated at frame 1.
- Dispatcher UI no longer forces background execution - this is now controlled by per-dispatcher settings.
- Improved IPR
- Fixed hang during shutdown with active IPR render (#855).
- Implemented camera edits for IPR rendering (#190).
- Prevented errors in other nodes from causing incomplete edits.
- Fixed UI errors caused by deleting camera during IPR (#898).
- Optimised updates by pruning invisible hierarchies.
- Fixed bug in shader edits at non-leaf locations.
- Optimised Instancer, especially the computation of the bounding box for all the instances. This particular operation is now 18x faster on a 6 core machine, 7x faster on a 2 core machine.
- Added an automatically created set for tracking all cameras in the scene.
- Improved reporting of invalid cameras (#371).
- Fixed FilteredSceneProcessor::acceptsInput() crash when inputPlug is null.
- Registered automatic from-python conversions for ScenePlug::ScenePath. This replaces the need to manually wrap any functions taking a ScenePath, making the bindings simpler.
- Added exists() method to SceneAlgo. This can be used to query whether or not a particular location exists within a scene.
- Replaced boost_intrusive_ptr with raw pointer where appropriate, to follow the convention laid out in Cortex.
- Removed deprecated Box metadata methods. The standard Metadata API should be used instead.
- Added missing wrapper for NodeGadget::nodule() overload.
- Added OpDialogue preExecuteSignal() and postExecuteSignal().
- Added OpDialogue parameterisedHolder() method.
- Added a flags argument to ParameterHandler::setupPlug(). This allows clients to choose the default flags for their plugs, rather than being forced to have (Default | Dynamic) plugs.
- Added ViewDescription constructor for 3 argument registerView.
- Added Style::renderTranslateHandle() method.
- Added GafferUI::Handle gadget.
- Moved translatePythonException() to a new ExceptionAlgo.h header.
- Added formatPythonException() function to ExceptionAlgo.h.
- Added continueOnError argument to ScriptNode execution methods.
- Added error return value to ScriptNode execution methods.
- Improved EventLoop.executeOnUIThread() to execute immediately when used on main thread.
- Requires Cortex-9.0.0a2
- Updated default build to use PySide 1.2.2.
- Stopped using python-config for build configuration. It was unreliable on Mac, and the hardcoded paths it returns prevented us from building with prebuilt binary dependencies.