This release brings a major overhaul to Gaffer’s camera definition, bringing more flexibility and improved compatibility with USD and Alembic. Note that if you were previously using a Parameters node to add a “screenWindow” parameter, you should now manipulate the standard aperture and film fit settings instead.
- Camera : Adopted new camera definition (#2816)
- Added perspectiveMode, with “Field of View” and “Aperture and Focal Length” modes.
- Added aperture settings.
- Added depth of field settings.
- Added optional render overrides that override the StandardOptions settings on a per-camera basis.
- Improved compatibility with USD and Alembic.
- CameraTweaks : Added new node to apply downstream edits to camera parameters (#2816).
- StandardOptions : Added filmFit render option (#2816).
- Restored FilterSwitch/UnionFilter compatibility for files from version 0.27.0.0 (#2854).
- SceneGadget : Fixed depth sorting for
objectAt()when used with some legacy graphics drivers (#2816).
- Fixed overzealous dirty propagation in several nodes. These could cause unnecessary viewer and/or interactive render updates.
- OpenGLRenderer : Fixed GL resource management threading bug. This was the cause of rare crashes when collapsing locations in the viewer (#2851).
- Documentation : Fixed broken link (#2857).
- CompoundDataPlug : Removed
extractDataFromPlug()methods (#2816). Use PlugAlgo instead (#2816).
- RendererAlgo : Added
- ViewportGadget : Removed
- SceneAlgo : Added
- Camera : Adopted new camera definition (#2816). In particular, if you were using a “screenWindow” parameter, you will now need to use aperture and/or filmFit instead.