This release brings significant optimisations, further additions to the SceneInspector, and the usual collection of miscellaneous enhancements and bug fixes.
- Optimised Context::substitute(). This gives a 73% reduction in runtime for a substitutions benchmark.
- Added ‘‘ as an escape character in Context::substitute() (#997).
- Boxes may now be enabled/disabled and define pass-through behaviours (#1015).
- Significant optimisations to the computation engine.
- Added TaskList node for grouping the dispatch of several input requirements.
- Fixed Display node for bucket sizes larger than the native tile size.
- Fixed problems when running embedded in Maya.
- Added code to clear caches after full procedural expansion in batch renders.
- Added scene pass-through to the InteractiveRender node. This allows it to be seen in the Viewer, SceneHierarchy, SceneInspector etc.
- Significant optimisations. A benchmark scene can now be generated in 3% of its previous runtime.
- Added “command” plug to RenderManRender. This allows the user to customise the command used to render the RIB (#1017).
- SceneInspector improvements
- MenuButton improvements
- Fixed OpDialogue bug which caused it to return to the parameters pane when it should have been displaying an error.
- Dispatcher improvements
- Added PlaybackRange to the frames mode menu (#1007).
- Renamed ScriptRange to FullRange.
- Added custom Diff support to SceneInspector.
- Fixed crashes when passing None to PathMatcher python methods.
- Added accessors for the buttons on VectorDataWidget (#1003).
- Fixed broken SceneInspector.Row.getAlternate() method.
- Added SceneProcedural::allRenderedSignal().
- Added Context::remove() method.
- SceneInspector API changes.
- Box rederived from DependencyNode.
- Dispatcher ScriptRange renamed to FullRange.
- Improved Travis continuous integration setup
- Added running of unit tests
- Added GafferRenderMan support
- Fixed installation to paths starting with ”./”
- Fixed RenderManShader compilation in Clang 3.4
- GafferOSL compatibility for OSL version 1.5